Squirrels become a problem when they nest in lofts as they become territorial and will act fiercely if removal is attempted. They are very clever at burrowing through any blocked entry points you have tried to implement and usually gain re-entry.
Pestcure will allow you to avoid dealing with any aggression or nasty bites and ensure that your squirrel infestation is solved. We will repair the entry points made by the squirrels and use a range of techniques to prevent re-entry.
We provide fast, effective Squirrel Pest Control Services throughout London and surrounding areas.
We offer a professional inspection of your premises.
There are two types of squirrels present in the United Kingdom, the red squirrel and the grey squirrel.
Contrary to public opinion, squirrels are a serious pest as they can cause significant structural damage to your home/ business and can even be detrimental to your health.
The typical lifespan of the red squirrel is 6 years. They are approximately 100-350g in weight, with a body length of 18-24cm and a tail length of 17-18cm.
Our native squirrel has been living in the UK for approximately 10,000 years but are a beautiful, rare sight nowadays. Red squirrels are officially classed as an endangered species and are protected by law under the wildlife and countryside act 1981.
Grey squirrels have a typical lifespan of 5 - 7 years. They are approximately 450-650g in weight, with a body lengthof 24-26cm and a tail length of 19-24cm.
Grey squirrels have caused havoc as they are not originally native to the United Kingdom. They were introduced in the 1870s from North America and despite the fact they they are appreciated by some for their cute looks, they are a wide-spread problem.
The main issue with grey squirrels is that our native red squirrel population has dropped. The wild life trusts have estimated that there are only approximately 140,000 left, compared with 2.5m grey squirrels, which are out competing their native cousins for shelter and food. They can also transmit a disease called squirrelpox to the red squirrels, which will usually kill them within the matter of weeks.
The grey squirrel species seem to be immune to this virus which could partly explain their growing numbers. The grey squirrel causes damage to forestry, local parks and woodlands. They are particularly drawn to the sycamore, sweet chestnut, pine, larch, norway spruce and beech trees, stripping bark which can result in the death or weakening of leading shoots. As a result of this, misshapen trees are a common sight in squirrel dense areas.
It’s not surprising that squirrels are one of the most common causes of house fires. Once they build a nest in your loft, they can spend a considerable amount of time gnawing which in turn causes substantial damage that can prove to be quite costly.
In the garden, squirrels can invade your plants and fruits such as: plums, crocus cormus, pears, sweetcorn, tulip bulbs, apples and strawberries. They also raid small birds nests, dig holes in lawns to hide food and frequently attack nut feeders.
Removing or controlling squirrels that enter the roof space is important. Once they are inside your property, they can chew their way through woodwork and ceilings, strip electrical wiring insulation and rip up fibreglass to form a drey.
Male squirrels are called a buck, whereas females are referred to as doe.
Our experts team will revert with a best quote for your problem.GET A FREE QUOTE
1. You should manage the habitat around your premises and cut back any trees or branches that overhang. Remove any plants or ivy that is growing up brickworks as this will prevent squirrels entering in the first instance.
2. Remove any stacked items near or against your home as these can help the squirrels gain access.
3. As mentioned before, proof your property and block all gaps and entry points. A pest control technican can undertake proofing works but if you attempt it yourself, make sure everything is secure as they will try re-enter. Mesh which is less than 25mm is ideal.
4. Protect your trees. You can install a metal tree sleeve which will prevent squirrels gaining a grip as the smooth surface is slippery. Remember that they must be positioned correctly, according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
5. Do not let the squirrels reach your loft area. Keep trees and shrubs at least 8 feet away from your property as they will jump from trees onto your roof.
6. Remove any possible food sources, particularly in the garden area as this makes it less Inviting for them to take up residency. Cover up any vegetable and fruit plants with mesh caging, ideally smaller than 25mm in size.
7. Plants bulbs such as: daffodils, snow bulbs, allium and hyacinths can deter squirrels as they really do not like the taste.
Getting rid of squirrels requires patience and expertise; we don’t recommend tackling an infestation by yourself. Prevention is key, but if it’s too late, you can rely on Pestcure ltd.
We have various squirrel treatments available and all of our technicians are (BPCA) level 2 British pest control association certified.
Our squirrel exterminators are highly experienced in there field, and guarantee to get rid of your squirrel infestation, removal is guaranteed.
Amazing service, sorted a reoccurring flea infestation with ease! 10/10 would definitely recommend and use again (although hopefully I won't have to haha!) Thanks pestcure!
Pestcure helped us with removing squirrels from our loft - they were extremely professional and took great care with the work. I highly recommend them.
I called in regards to a wasp nest and it was gone within a couple of days. Great service, very professional and friendly. Highly recommended! Thanks again!
This company came out same day and discovered a rat nest at my house! The member of staff was very nice man and took his time to explain everything professional service. I was happy with price as it was also 3 visits lots of dead ones on 2nd visit. Great job thank you very much
Fantastic service arrived within 1 hour, we had a pigeon in the eaves of our loft it was extremely difficult to get to the bird, however, the workman worked out a solution & managed to retrieve the pigeon. Can highly recommend this company & the friendly workman.